Finding Assistance for Medicine and Treatment

. Hospitals operated by state and local government ("public hospitals") and some hospitals in your community provide a safety net for anyone who needs care, regardless of your ability to pay. Hospital social workers will be the most knowledgeable about sources of support in your community. Call your local hospital and ask to speak with a social worker about any "charity care" or "indigent care" programs. You may also contact your local health department to see what may be offered in your community. The National Cancer Institute's Cancer Information Service can direct you to local programs as well. For more information call 1-800-4CANCER or visit

. The Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Act of 2000 extends Medicaid coverage for treatment to women who have been screened and diagnosed through the National Breast and Cervical Cancer Early Detection Program in states that have agreed to provide this service. For more information call 1-888-842-6355 or visit

. Pharmaceutical assistance programs can provide help with prescription drugs. Partnership for Prescription Assistance (PPA) can help you locate assistance programs from pharmaceutical companies, as well as state programs that include assistance for the uninsured. For more information call 1-888-477-2669 or visit

. Co-Pay Relief Programs provide payment assistance for medicines to insured patients who financially and medically qualify. For more information see attached list of Co-Pay Relief and Prescription Assistance Programs for People with Cancer.



Captavi QixSuite™ - Hosted Marketing Automation Software ©